Good afternoon everyone!
Yes, I know, the last recipe I put up here was also a pie....but this time, it's sweet rather than savory! It's strawberrry season, and if you're in France you should be seeing them all over the place at your local markets. Here's a recipe for a tasty dessert that highlights strawberries in all their glory!
Tarte aux fraise et crème d'amande
750g de fraise gariguettes 150 g almond powder
200g flour 80g sugar
80g powdered sugar 50g softened butter
120g butter 2 eggs
1 c. à café salt
1 vanilla bean
1. For the pie crust : in a bowl, mix the flour, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Add the salt, the interieur of the vanilla bean, and the egg. Mix without working the dough too hard. Let rest for 30 minutes.
2. Heat up the oven to 160°C.
3. Roll out the dough for the pie crust. Place it in a lightly buttered pie mould with a crenellated edge. Place it in the fridge for 15 minutes. Cover up will aluminium foil.
4. Place the empty pie crust in the oven and let cook for about 15 minutes.
5. During this time, prepare the almond cream: Mix together the powdered almonds, sugar, butter, and eggs.
6. Take the pie crust out of the oven and pour the almond cream into it. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
7. Wash the strawberries, then cut them in two length-wise. Cover the pie with the strawberries and serve.
Add a comment